A Career with Greenzone
Greenzone believe that our most valuable commodity is our people. We are always looking for conscientious individuals to become part of our team. The thing we all have in common at Greenzone is a real passion for making life better for our customers. You won't find a more committed or enthusiastic team anywhere.
No matter which area of the business you apply to join you will find there are plenty of opportunities to learn new skills and develop a rewarding career.
If there are no current vacancies listed or if you would like to apply speculatively, simply send your current CV along with a covering letter detailing the type of role you're interested in to the email below
As a Procurement Manager, you will be responsible for supporting The Board of Directors in the development of the procurement strategy, plan and policies in support of the wider business strategy.
This will include understanding what policies and procedures are required, the type of tendering activity, and supplier engagement to leverage and maximise the highest levels of service and value from supplier contracts while ensuring that suppliers innovate and maintain compliance with relevant law.
This role is integral to the success of the development of a strategic procurement function and will require significant interfacing between sales, finance, customer services and legal teams to ensure the continued added value of the Procurement function to the wider business.
- Development of the annual procurement strategy alongside The Board of Directors which will outline the key initiatives of the procurement function underpinning business performance and supporting the strategic vision.
- Tracking the progress of the procurement plan and monitoring and reporting on performance against plan.
- Understand all elements and cost of the end to end waste management supply chain in order to identify areas for savings, efficiencies and innovation.
- Development and introduction of relevant procurement policies and procedures that mitigate risk to the business.
- Preparation and issue of tender documentation to suppliers leading on categories of supply.
- Procurement of services on competitive terms in respect of all waste types in all postcodes.
- Ensure successful implementation of new contracts.
- Develop long term relationships with suppliers to identify, recommend and deliver value propositions (not simply linked to cost but service and performance along with business principles) which will support business delivery and growth.
- Liaising with, and supporting internal departments.
- Liaising with Company Solicitor to ensure suppliers are contracted.
- Liaising with Finance teams to share supplier information which will help identify savings and target areas of overspend for joint initiatives.
- Identify methodology of tracking and measuring success of contracts with the financial team.
- Develop, implement and manage supplier audits and database.
- Maintain sound market knowledge which will identify supplier, product and service innovation, manage risks and efficiencies in support of acquisition and future growth.
- Ensure procurement activities are in line with current thinking to ensure the business is ahead of market conditions, manage risk and control costs.
- Day to day support to internal customers for all procurement related queries, including supplier payment queries.
- Work closely with internal departments to understand their strategies and ensure these are reflected in the Procurement Plan and wider procurement strategy.
- Support The Board of Directors in preparation, delivery and measurement of the Procurement Plan.
- Regular communications and updates internally and externally on all procurement related activity.
Decision Making Authority
The Procurement Manager will be a key decision maker and will be expected to prepare complete and accurate financial propositions for agreement with the Managing Director and Financial Director.
- Educated to A level – Essential
- CIPS - Essential or equivalent experience
- Procurement experience – Essential – minimum of 5 years’ experience with proven deliverables
- Experience of the waste industry - Desirable
- Experience of Finance and Administration - Essential
- Efficient and accurate with attention to detail – Essential
- Commercial knowledge and Strategic thinking – ability to negotiate sound financial propositions and deliver a more strategic procurement function.
- Resourceful and dynamic with the ability to be work on own initiative as well as part of a team – Essential
- Good Excel Skills with the ability to analyse data – Essential
- Able to work collaboratively to effectively deal with and resolve queries – Essential
- Excellent communication skills – Essential
Close Date: 30-11-2018
How to Apply for a Vacancy
We don't use application forms so please send your CV together with a covering letter, this is important to us and should include:
- Position that you are applying for
- Reasons you consider yourself suitable for the position
- Reasons for leaving your most recent employment
- Employment dates
- Current salary/salary expectations
- Current location inc. details of any planned relocation
You can either email your application direct to:
or post to: Recruitment, Greenzone Facilities Management, The Corner House, Brunel Drive, Newark, Nottinghamshire, NG24 2EG.
Unfortuantely, we are uanble to consider CV's submitted without a covering letter.