New Welsh Waste & Recycling Regulations Guidance
As April 2024 approaches, businesses in Wales are gearing up for a significant change that will not only contribute to a greener environment but also align with new legislation on waste management.
The upcoming waste segregation requirements will undoubtedly impact businesses of all sizes and Greenzone is here to provide comprehensive support so your business can seamlessly transition to the new regulations. By segregating waste at its source, businesses can significantly reduce their environmental footprint, minimise landfill usage, conserve natural resources, and work towards a circular economy. Greenzone is committed to providing expert guidance to ensure your business meets the new compliance standards. We work alongside our clients & suppliers to deliver innovative waste solutions that create a safer, cleaner, and more sustainable future for all. Our commitment to sustainability, compliance, and cost-effectiveness ensures that your business thrives while reducing its ecological footprint.
Here is an overview of the fundamentals of the new legislation
Recycling & Recovery
- Businesses producing more than 5kg of food waste per week must be separated for collection.
- All workplaces are required to separate paper and card waste for collection.
- Segregation and separate collection of glass waste are mandatory by the new regulations.
- Materials such as metal, plastic, cartons, and other fibre-plastic composite packaging of a similar composition must be separated and collected separately.
- Businesses are required to separate and collect unsold small waste electrical and electronic equipment for proper disposal.
- The new legislation includes a mandate for the separate collection of unsold textiles.
Bans on Certain Practices
- The new regulations explicitly prohibit the disposal of food waste to sewers from non-domestic premises.
- Segregated collected waste is prohibited from going to incineration plants and landfills.
What Do Greenzone offer ?
Greenzone offer efficient and cost effective waste collection schedules that not only meets the new legislation requirements but also contribute to the overall sustainability goals. Our goal is to make waste management a seamless and integrated part of your business operations. We value the importance of Customer Service, and that’s why we have developed the Customerzone portal so you have all your account information in one place which is accessible 24/7, allowing you to go completely paperless and keep up to date with your waste and recycling services. Watch > Greenzone Customerzone – YouTube
Greenzone believes in transparent and fair pricing. As the legislation brings about changes in your business, we ensure that our pricing structures remain clear and competitive. Our aim is to provide businesses with cost-effective waste management solutions that contribute to their bottom line.
Anticipating the need for swift action, Greenzone has a proactive mobilisation plan in place. We understand the urgency associated with adapting to the new legislation and are committed to implementing changes efficiently. Our team will work closely with your business to ensure a smooth transition, minimising disruptions to your operations.
At Greenzone we pride ourselves on offering the best possible services and solutions for our clients and the environment. We work with businesses of all sizes in all sectors. Get in touch and see how we can help with your waste and recycling needs and a free no obligation Waste Audit.
#Partnership #Sustainability #ReduceReuseRecycle